For a simple explanation of our data security policy, visit the Personal Data.
- We will not, under any circumstances whatsoever, wilfully give out or sell your files to anyone. Nor will we wilfully allow any 3rd party to access your files.
- We will not wilfully allow other users to access your files, except for the files that you share using the app.
- In the course of providing the service your files are transferred to and from servers of Lumin PDF. All Lumin PDF servers are located in USA and all transfers are SSL encrypted.
- We do not parse your files for keywords, or interact with your files in any way, other than to display in the app.
- When an individual deletes their Lumin PDF account, we remove all sensitive data (including files) associated with that account.
- Individuals can get access to all of their data, as stored by Lumin PDF, by filing a subject access request.
- Individuals can request that all of their data, as stored by Lumin PDF, can be "forgotten" by filing a request to be forgotten.
When you access Lumin PDF via a browser, application or other client our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
When you send email or other communications to Lumin PDF, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. When you send and receive SMS messages to or from one of our services that provides SMS functionality, we may collect and maintain information associated with those messages, such as the phone number, the wireless carrier associated with the phone number, the content of the message, and the date and time of the transaction. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some Lumin PDF features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data. We restrict access to personal information to Lumin PDF employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations. Accessing and updating personal information When you use Lumin PDF services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Because of the way we maintain certain services, after you delete your information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems. Please review the service Help Centers for more information.
Last updated June 05, 2019.