Hello, how can we help?
Lumin is simple and intuitive. Most of the features work exactly as you would expect.
If you get stuck we have a ton of helpful information below
PDF is an abbreviation for Portable Document Format. The software was created by Adobe Corporation in 1992 to enable users to view documents, regardless of the operating system they use. This was a brilliant idea for distributing files; however, within a short time users started to notice that they had a hard time editing PDF files. Since then, even despite the emergence of the PDF editors, users find it hard to work and edit PDF files regularly.
You might have experienced at some point in life the need to merge or split PDF files to create a separate document for submission. This simple task might require a lot of effort if you don’t have the right toolkit. These days, the pace of work is very fast and many users find it stressful to split/merge PDF files, particularly, when they need to do it on the go.
Looking at employees that struggle to work with PDF files, we decided to create a software that would provide users with convenience and flexibility for their everyday PDF needs.
What is Lumin PDF?
Lumin PDF is a software that eliminates tedious unproductive work on PDF files with an easy-to-use digital editor. Lumin PDF removes manual tasks like back-and-forth emailing and printing PDF forms, by empowering users with e-signatures, and real-time discussions on PDF documents.
Who should use Lumin PDF?
Lumin PDF meets the needs of various users. It works well for teachers going virtual, lawyers drafting contracts, construction managers working on projects, architects drafting plans.
Why use Lumin PDF?
Lumin PDF empowers users with a set of useful features for efficient work with PDF files. They help with:
- Page Manipulation
When it comes to annotating PDF files, many users are limited in their options to perform annotation efficiently. Lumin PDF lets you annotate PDF docs online, using Mac or Windows or from an iPhone or Android Phone. You can also use Lumin PDF as a Google Drive extension and work comfortably with Google Docs, Google Sheets, and your PDF files. Using Lumin PDF you will be able to:
- Add comments in a PDF file
- Add comments in a PDF file by a Free Text Option
- Make comments on a PDF file by drawing
- Add shapes
- Highlight shapes
- Insert an image
PDF pages often require adjustments, however, you may not have reliable tools to perform these adjustments without unwanted hassle. Lumin PDF has many useful features to perform various PDF manipulations effectively:
- Rotate Pages
- Delete Pages
- Change the order of pages in the PDF
- Insert a blank page
- Crop pages
There is no need to go through the hassle of the back and forth editing to make small changes in the PDF document. Using Lumin PDF, you can communicate with your team members directly in the doc. Instead of wasting time sending forms and documents between team members or clients, you can use Lumin PDF for instant editing,real-time collaboration and faster results for your organization.
Lumin PDF provides users with online tools for smooth editing:
- OCR (Optical Character Recognition): With this tool, you can make scanned documents searchable and editable with OCR. Lumin OCR technology enables you to convert scanned documents into editable, searchable files.
- Convert PDF files to various formats
- Unlock PDF files
- Compress PDF files
How to split/merge PDF files
Lumin’s Split / Merge tool gives you the ability to split one PDF document into many, or merge PDF documents. It makes it easy for you to merge PDF files and remove any unnecessary pages. To split a PDF file you need to:
- Select the file and upload it to the software. Don’t worry, you are not limited to uploading one file into the system, you can upload as many files as you want and perform manipulations with pages to create one PDF file.
- After that, you will be able to access your document and can perform splitting the PDF file by simply deleting the pages that you don’t want to be in the PDF file.
- Next, download the updated file and use it for your preference.
- To merge PDF documents, you need to upload the PDF file into the software, delete pages that you don’t want to be in the document, and press Merge. The remaining pages in the PDF file will be merged automatically into one PDF document.