May 29, 2020
How to e-Sign a Document In 90 Seconds
With nearly every aspect of business digitized, it’s almost crazy that most professionals are still signing documents the old-fashioned way. Yet time and time again, you’re subjected to document gymnastics every time you need to sign off on a digital document. PDF is the most common file type for contracts that are delivered virtually, but signing off on them can feel more complicated than the contract itself!
While initialing documents can sometimes be done digitally, depending on the settings the sender has enabled, actually signing them involves several steps and more than several minutes. Most of usually resort to some variation of the following:
- Save the document to the hard drive
- Print the document (or find somewhere to print the document first)
- Sign the document
- Scan the document or photograph it
- Save and scan or photo
- Upload it to email or file-sharing platform
That’s a lot of hassle for a few pen strokes! Luckily, there are solutions for adding signatures digitally and we think that the Lumin PDF electronic signature tool does a pretty good job of it. So put away your printer, cap your pen, and learn how to sign a document with Lumin PDF in less than 90 seconds! (We’ve timed it.)
1. Upload your document or add it from Google Drive or Dropbox.
2. Your document will appear in your documents library
3. Click Sign. Draw or type your signature, or upload a photograph of your signature. You can save up to 6 signatures to have on hand.
4. Resize your signature to fit the space.
5. Share your document directly with other Lumin users, upload it to your Google Drive or Dropbox, or print it. You’re done!
If you don’t already have a Lumin account, making one is a matter of a few clicks and gives you access to a ton of helpful features, like:
- Up to 10 GB storage. Keep all your PDFs in a central place for your whole team.
- Real-time sync. When someone is editing your document, you can see the changes as they make them.
- Annotation tools. Edit the text of your documents as you need.
- Google Integration. Connect your Google Drive to Lumin to instantly start editing your docs in PDF format.
- Auto saving. Don’t worry about lost work or creating new versions. All your changes are saved automatically.
- Commenting. Discuss the document and edits directly in the file.
- Cross-Platform. Start editing a document in your web browser and come back to it from your phone or tablet with the Lumin PDF mobile app.
- Rotate and remove pages. Play with different layouts, cut content or add it.
- Create custom fields. Add contact data and other useful fields.
- Sign documents electronically. Sign off on docs or get client approval without printing or downloading.
- Share documents. Share files with everyone on your team.
- Send automatic notifications to collaborators. Let your team, clients, or students know when they need to take care of something.
Head over to start using smart PDF tools and check out special deals.